All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionHealth Communication and Mass Media is a much-needed resource for those with a professional or academic interest in the field of health communication. The chapters engage and expand upon significant theories informing efforts at mediated health communication and demonstrate the practical utility of these theories in on-going or completed projects. They consider how to balance the ethical and efficacy demands of mediated health communication efforts, and discuss both traditional media and communication systems and new web-based and mobile media. The book's treatment is broad, reflecting the topical and methodological diversity in the field. It offers an integrated approach to communication theory and application. Readers will be able to appreciate the ways that theory shapes health communication applications and how those applications inform the further construction of theory. They will find practical examples of mediated health communication that can serve as models for their own efforts. While the book serves as an introduction to mediated health communication for students, professionals, and practitioners with limited experience, researchers and advanced practitioners will also appreciate the exemplars and theoretical insights offered by the chapter authors. This book will be of interest to anyone involved in health communication programs or more generally with communication and allied studies, as well as to those in the health professions and their related fields.
- Author BiographyDr Rukhsana Ahmed is Associate Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Ottawa. She holds Masters Degrees in International Relations (University of Dhaka); International Development Studies; and Communication Studies, and a PhD in Health Communication (Ohio University). Her research embraces the cross-disciplinary nature of the study of communication with a specific focus on health care. She has published journal articles and book chapters focused on the intersection of health, communication, and culture. Dr Benjamin R. Bates is currently an Associate Professor and Director for Graduate Studies in the School of Communication Studies at Ohio University. Dr Bates earned his PhD at the University of Georgia. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 peer-reviewed publications and made presentations to learned societies at the intersection of health, communication, and media. He is past chair of the health communication interest group of the Eastern Communication Association.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 4 b&w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byBenjamin R. Bates,Rukhsana Ahmed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.