Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is an introduction to health ecomics and finance for low income countries, which is easy to use and read and does t assume previous training in ecomics. It explains health ecomics in an accessible applied way using material from, and relevant to, developing countries. The focus in on practical use. Core areas are selected for health ecomists to study in detail, with brief discussions and suggestions for further reading of linked topics more commonly studied under other related disciplines, such as public health and health management. Each chapter introduces a topic, then by the use of question and answer sessions between a group of (humourously named) characters in a fictional country, the relevant material is covered in a lively way. The chapter ends with a summary, practice exercises for the reader and a list of references and suggestions for further reading. There is a glossary of health ecomics terms to help the reader. The authors are experienced teachers and consultants in international health ecomics, based at the Centre for Health Ecomics at the University of York. All four teach short courses on health ecomics for developing country students.
- Author(s)M. Jowett,S. Witter,T. Ensor,Thompson R.
- PublisherMacmillan Education
- Date of Publication14/03/2000
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Education
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight379 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.