Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past forty years, the health humanities, previously called the medical humanities, has emerged as one of the most exciting fields for interdisciplinary scholarship, advancing humanistic inquiry into bioethics, human rights, health care and the uses of techlogy. It has also helped inspire medical practitioners to engage in deeper reflection about the human elements of their practice. In Health Humanities Reader , editors Tess Jones, Delese Wear and Lester D. Friedman have assembled fifty-four leading scholars, educators, artists and clinicians to survey the rich body of work that has already emerged from the field - and to imagine fresh approaches to the health humanities in these original essays. The collection's contributors reflect the extraordinary diversity of the field, including scholars from the disciplines of disability studies, history, literature, nursing, religion, narrative medicine, philosophy, bioethics, medicine and the social sciences. With warmth and humour, critical acumen and ethical insight, Health Humanities Reader truly humanises the field of medicine. Its accessible language and broad scope offers something for everyone from the experienced medical professional to a reader interested in health and illness.
- Author BiographyTherese Jones is an associate professor at the Center for Bioethics and Humanities and director of the Arts and Humanities in Healthcare Program at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. She is the editor of the Journal of Medical Humanities , and her extensive publications include Sharing the Delirium: Second Generation AIDS Plays and Performances . Delese Wear is a professor of behavioural and community health sciences at Northeast Ohio Medical University. She has written and edited numerous books, including Educating for Professionalism: Creating a Culture of Humanism in Medical Education . Lester D. Friedman is chair of media and society at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. A leading scholar on media representations of medicine, he is the editor of Cultural Sutures: Medicine and Media and co-editor of Picture of Health: Medical Ethics and the Movies . Mark Vonnegut is an American Paediatrician. Arthur W. Frank is based at the University of Calgary. David H. Flood is based at Drexel University.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1061 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDelese Wear,Lester D. Friedman,Therese Jones
- Foreword byMark Vonnegut
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.