Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHealth Information Management and Techlogy (HIM&T) charts a path for success in the ever-evolving health information field. The product covers the key information today's students need to kw to be prepared for the careers of tomorrow, all in an accessible, engaging format correlated to current HIM standards. HIM&T is also available with a wide variety of digital learning tools-from Connect Plus to LearnSmart and SmartBook-that enable instructors to easily customize their courses to craft a learning environment adapted to help every student succeed.
- Author BiographyM. Beth Shanholtzer, MAEd, RHIA, FAHIMA , has been in the health information management field for 35 years. Her experience includes HIM department management positions within hospitals in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland. She has been in academics for 20 years, and she is currently the program director and an assistant professor for an HIM associate degree program at Lord Fairfax Community College in Middletown, Virginia. She previously held positions as program director and instructor of associate degree programs at Kaplan University. She is an active AHIMA member, serving on the Council for Excellence in Education (CEE) board, and is currently chairperson of the Faculty Development Workgroup of the CEE. She also serves as a student mentor. On thestate level, Beth has served as president, education chair, and legislative chair of the West Virginia Health Information Management Association. She has presented at the AHIMA annual convention, the Assembly on Education (AOE), and WVHIMA conferences. In recognition of her experience as a practitioner and her advancement of the field of health information, Beth has earned the distinction of Fellow of the American Health Information Management Association (FAHIMA). Beth has authored and co-authored the first and second editions of Integrated Electronic Health Records: A Worktext for Greenway Medical Technologies' PrimeSUITE, published by McGraw-Hill Education. Beth lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia, with her husband; they have three children. Gary W. Ozanich, PhD, is a senior research associate in the Center for Applied Informatics at Northern Kentucky University (NKU), where he was the founding director of NKU's Graduate Program in Health Informatics. He has had a career that spans both the private sector and academia. Gary has received numerous grants and contracts to conduct research in the areas of health informatics, health information exchange, and payment reform initiatives. He has served on regional and national healthcare related committees and work-groups, including as national chair of the HIMSS Health Information Exchange Committee and chair of the HIMSS HIE Roundtable. Gary's private-sector background includes more than 10 years as a securities analyst on Wall Street. He also has worked as a consultant at Booz-Allen & Hamilton. Relative to academic positions, he was associate director of the Institute of Tele-Information at Columbia University and has been on the faculties of Michigan State University and University at Buffalo. He holds a PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Gary lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, with his wife and his Labrador and golden retrievers.
- Author(s)Gary W. Ozanich,M. Beth Shanholtzer
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Weight630 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.