All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of health information seeking has become increasingly important in recent years due to the growing emphasis on the consumer/client relationship in the health arena. This trend implies a shift away from the development of health campaigns with one unitary message to a recognition that alternatives must be provided and options discussed. Indeed, health agencies are adopting the role of information-seeking facilitators through the creation of telephone services and sophisticated databases. A greater understanding of the public's needs, especially why people seek information, may help us to accomplish the many behavioral changes that will lead toward decreases in morbidity and mortality and a more balanced approach to wellness and prevention. This is especially important in the context of the revolution in access to information brought about by the many recent advances in databases and telecommunication systems, perhaps best represented by the advent of the Internet. This book provides a comprehensive treatment of these issues appropriate for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, practitioners, and researchers.
- Author BiographyJ. David Johnson is Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Kentucky. He is the author of five books including Managing Knowledge Networks (2009). Dr. Johnson received his PhD from Michigan State University. Donald O. Case is Professor at the University of Kentucky. He previously taught at UCLA for ten years. He is the author of Looking for Information (third edition, 2012) and over 40 journal articles on information behavior, technology, and policy. Dr. Case received his PhD in communication from Stanford University.
- Author(s)Donald O. Case,J. David Johnson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication03/09/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleHealth Communication
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.