All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionAdopting a proactive approach and focusing on emerging radiation-generating techlogies, Health Physics in the 21st Century meets the growing need for a presentation of the relevant radiological characteristics and hazards. As such, this mograph discusses those techlogies that will affect the health physics and radiation protection profession over the decades to come. After an introductory overview, the second part of this book looks at fission and fusion energy, followed by a section devoted to accelerators, while the final main section deals with radiation on manned space missions. Throughout, the author summarizes the relevant techlogy and scientific basis, while providing over 200 problems plus solutions to illustrate and amplify the text. Twelve appendices add further background material to support and enrich the topics addressed in the text, making this invaluable reading for students and lecturers in physics, biophysicists, clinical, nuclear and radiation physicists, as well as physicists in industry.
- Author BiographyJoseph John Bevelacqua, PhD, CHP, is the President of Bevelacqua Resources. A theoretical nuclear physicist by training, Dr. Bevelacqua is a Certified Health Physicist and Certified Senior Reactor Operator and has over 30 years of professional experience. This experience includes the medical, fuel cycle, accelerator, power reactor, environmental, and non-ionizing areas. He was a key player in the Three Mile Island and Hanford cleanup activities, and is an active researcher with over 75 publications. His research areas include heavy ion cancer therapy, theoretical physics, and health physics applications. He recently received California University's Professional Excellence Award for his accomplishments.
- Author(s)Joseph John Bevelacqua
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication26/03/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight1256 g
- Width180 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.