Health Policy and Advanced Practice Nursing: Impact and Implications by Springer Publishing Co Inc (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $135.49+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.60
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
About this product
- DescriptionThis view of health policy from the perspective of APRN practise is a call to action for advanced practise nurses to learn about the impact and implications of current initiatives in health policy. This kwledge will assist them in determining how they define and create positive change for their patients and have an impact on community, national and world health. This is the only text that satisfies the need for policy discussions for all APNs , it is designed to meet the requirements of both the IOM report on The Future of Nursing and the DNP criteria V for inclusion of health policy and advocacy in the curriculum. The text encompasses evolving health care policy and reform in the U.S., Canada and internationally, addressing its impact on advanced practise nursing, APRN roles, care for special populations, health care quality and patient safety. The book brings together a wealth of information written by luminaries in the field. Dr. Goudreau is a Past President and Board Member of the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) and Dr. Smolenski was Director of Certification Services at the ANCC for 11 years, directing certification for 150,000 nurses in over 30 specialties. The text discusses issues surrounding the regulation of APRNs, how the local regulatory environment shapes their practise and how they can shape their local regulatory environment. Additionally, the text brings in international perspectives on how APRNs can and are impacting patient care globally. In order to provide content relevant to a universal APRN readership, each section of the text endeavors to present information from all four APRN perspectives: NPs, CNSs, CRNAs and CNMs. For all of these roles, the book covers the implications of current and future health policy changes for APRN practise.
- Author BiographyKelly A. Goudreau, DSN, RN, CNS-BC, is Associate Director for Patient Care Services/Nurse Executive, Veterans Affairs Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center and Clinics (VA SORCC), White City, OR. She is Associate Editor for Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal of Advanced Nursing Practice, Immediate Past President, past Secretary and current Board Member of the NACNS. She taught in the CNS programme at the University of Portland (2000-2001), has worked clinically as a CNS in a wide variety of specialties and has held a variety of positions including consultant, director of nursing and nurse administrator. Among other honours and awards, Dr. Goudreau has received honours from the Oregon Nurses Association for four years of service as Chair of the OR Council of CNS. She has published more than 30 journal articles and is co-editor of Foundations of Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice (with Drs. Fulton & Lyon), published by Springer (2009). Mary Smolenski, EdD, MS, FNP, FAANP, CAE, is a consultant, registered nurse and family nurse practitioner with extensive and varied experience in the health care field including education, consulting, the military, primary care, independent practise and association work with an emphasis on certification and accreditation. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and has held certification as an association executive (CAE). She served as Director of Certification Services at the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) for eleven years, directing the certification and certification renewal processes for over 150,000 nurses in over 30 specialties. Dr. Smolenski has served on several non-profit boards, the Accreditation Council of the American Board of Nursing Specialties and the National Organization of Competency Assurance. She has written numerous articles and has given many presentations on certification, competency, advanced practise nursing and portfolios.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byKelly A. Goudreau,Mary Smolenski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.