CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
About this product
- DescriptionAll healthcare practitioners have a professional responsibility to promote good health and well-being - making health promotion and health education a fundamental part of their daily work. Using a multi-professional approach, this book provides a fascinating guide to health promotion, health education and public health issues. It supplies the kwledge and means to understand and implement a systematic approach to your own practice, including information on: ? health promotion in the context of the healthcare setting ? the role of the nurse in promoting health ? evidence-based practice ? politics, policy and ethics for health education and promotion Health Promotion and Health Education in Nursing is essential reading for all nursing students, qualified nurses and allied health professionals.
- Author BiographyDEAN WHITEHEAD is Senior Lecturer in the School of Health and Social Services at Massey University, New Zealand. He is a prolific researcher and publisher whose main focus lies in health promotion and health education theory and practice, health policy, public health, population health and primary health care. I have over 100 peer-reviewed international theoretical/research publications in these fields and I recently received the Emerald LiteratiNetwork 'Highly Commended Award for Excellence 2006' for my work in this area. FIONA IRVINE is Professor of Nursing at Liverpool John Moores University, UK. In addition to her professorial role for the university, Fiona is also Co-Director of LLAIS, a Wales Office of Research and Development funded initiative that offers advice and consultancy on enhancing Welsh language awareness across CRC Cymru, the new R&D infrastructure in Wales; and maintains a research network portfolio on language appropriate practice.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication07/12/2009
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight336 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDean Whitehead,Fiona Irvine
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.