Health Psychology: Theory, Research and Practice by David F. Marks, Brian Evans, Michael D. Murray, Emee Vida Estacio (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $186.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionElectronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here The Third Edition of this best-selling textbook has been thoroughly updated and revised to make it even more essential for course teaching. Retaining the celebrated approach of previous editions in examining critical perspectives in health psychology, this new edition w incorporates research from a fuller range of perspectives including more 'mainstream' health psychology and a wider international focus. Therefore this textbook w provides students with a broader, more rounded understanding of the field than ever before. Key features of the Third Edition: - Four brand new chapters in the book on Theories, Models and Interventions Applied to Sexual Health; Information and Communication; Health Literacy; Community and Alternative Approaches. - Extensive pedagogical features, including chapter outlines and summaries of key ideas, and guidelines for further research. Boxed case studies, tables and figures and cutting edge research are integrated throughout to aid students' understanding of this fascinating field. - New accompanying companion website with a full suite of lecturer materials and online readings for students, as well as discussion blogs and video interviews with the authors. Health Psychology: Theory, Research and Practice 3e remains an essential book for undergraduate and masters students taking courses in health psychology as well as health promotion, public health, medicine and nursing. Visit the companion website at www.sagepub.co.uk/marks3
- Author BiographyDAVID F. MARKS served as Head of the School of Psychology at Middlesex Polytechnic, and as Head of the Department of Psychology at City University, London, UK. Previously David held positions at the University of Sheffield, UK, and at the University of Otago, New Zealand. His other books include The Psychology of the Psychic (1980, with R. Kammann), Theories of Image Formation (1986), Imagery: Current Developments (1990, with J.T.E. Richardson and P. Hampson), The Quit For Life Programme: An Easier Way to Stop Smoking and Not Start Again (1993), Improving the Health of the Nation (1996, with C. Francome), Dealing With Dementia: Recent European Research (2000, with C.M. Sykes), The Psychology of the Psychic (Revised Edition) (2000), The Health Psychology Reader (2002), Research Methods for Clinical and Health Psychology (2004, with L. Yardley), and Overcoming Your Smoking Habit (2005). David is the Editor of the Journal of Health Psychology and Health Psychology Open. MICHAEL MURRAY is Professor of Psychology at the University of Keele, UK. Previously he was Professor of Social and Health Psychology in the Division of Community Health, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada and Michael held positions at St Thomas' Hospital Medical School, London, UK and at the University of Ulster, Ireland. His previous books include Smoking Among Young Adults (1988, with L. Jarrett, A.V. Swan and R. Rumen) and Qualitative Health Psychology: Theories and Methods (1999, with K. Chamberlain). Michael is Associate Editor of Psychology & Health and an Editorial Board member of the Journal of Health Psychology, Health Psychology Review, Health Psychology & Medicine and Arts & Health. His current research interests include the use of participatory and arts-based methods to promote social engagement among older people. BRIAN EVANS is a Visiting Lecturer at Middlesex University, UK, having previously served there as programme leader of the MSc degree in Health Psychology. Brian has also held positions at City University and the University of Sussex, UK, and at Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. He is interested in the analysis of psychological research and theory in its socio-political context and his previous publications include IQ and Mental Testing: An Unnatural Science and Its Social History (1981, with B. Waites). Brian is an Editorial Board member of the Journal of Health Psychology. EMEE VIDA ESTACIO is a Lecturer in Psychology at Keele University. She completed her Bachelor's degree in psychology (magna cum laude) at the University of the Philippines and her MSc and PhD in health psychology at City University London. Emee specializes in health promotion and community development and has facilitated action research projects in some of the most deprived areas in the UK and in the Philippines. As a scholar activist, she became actively involved in supporting activities for Oxfam, the Association for International Cancer Research, CRIBS Philippines and Save the Children UK. Emee is a steering group member of Health Literacy UK and sits on the editorial board of the Journal of Health Psychology, Health Psychology Open, Community, Work and Family, and the Philippine Journal of Psychology.
- Author(s)Brian Evans,David F. Marks,Emee Vida Estacio,Michael D. Murray
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/07/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1057 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.