All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith increasing recognition of the international market in health professionals and the impact of globalism on regulation, the governance of the health workforce is moving towards greater public engagement and increased transparency. This book discusses the challenges posed by these processes such as improved access to health services and how structures can be reformed so that good practice is upheld and quality of service and patient safety are ensured. With contributions from regulators, academics, lawyers and health professionals, this book presents arguments from multiple perspectives. Of global relevance, it brings together concerns about access, quality and safety within the framework of the health workforce governance continuum and will be of interest to policy makers, regulators, health professionals, academics legal practitioners, insurers, students and researchers.
- Author BiographyStephanie D. Short is the Professor of Health Sciences at The University of Sydney. She leads the health governance program within the Institute for Ethics, Governance and Law, a joint initiative of the United Nations University, Griffith University and the QUT Faculty of Law in association with the Australian National University and convenes HealthGov, a division of the Australian Research Council Governance Research Network. Prof. Short is Executive Director of the Governing Council of the International Consortium for Governance Research on the Health Workforce. Fiona McDonald is a Senior Lecturer in Queensland University of Technology's Law Faculty. Her research focuses on health system governance and has four broad themes: professionals; institutions; research; and patient safety.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 7 b&w illustrations
- Weight696 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMs Fiona McDonald,Stephanie D. Short
- Series Edited byProfessor Charles Sampford
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.