Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a trenchant analysis of the effect that culture has in determining our perceptions - and expectations - of health care, this provocative volume challenges traditional, Westernized, medical models. The author surveys various aspects of the health education domain, discusses the elements that inform an educational diagsis of health behaviour and considers the cultural appropriateness of health behaviour in general.
- Author BiographyCollins Airhihenbuwa is Professor and Head of the Department of Biobehavioral Health at the Pennsylvania State University. His research interest is health and culture and he is the author of the PEN-3 model and co-author of critical race theory applied to public health. His work has informed ways of addressing the intersection of culture, race and health in many NIH -funded projects and he has facilitated research collaborations, institutional partnerships, and mentoring of junior faculty from underrepresented groups at various institutions domestically and globally. Dr. Airhihenbuwa is currently collaborating with colleagues at several universities, including the University of Minnesota, New York University, the University of Maryland, and UCLA to forge a partnership that can further build the capacity of underrepresented minority faculty members domestically and globally.
- Author(s)Collins O. Airhihenbuwa
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/06/1995
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.