All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn Health and Ritual in Morocco, Josep Lluis Mateo Dieste analyzes the many tions of the body that appear in various Moroccan medical and religious systems. Viewing these issues from anthropological and historical perspectives to the development of Islamic medicine in Morocco, this study highlights the elements of power that define these representations and practices. Mateo Dieste shows that most of the healing rituals challenge the strict division between physical and mental afflictions. Health and Ritual in Morocco provides a valuable structure for understanding Moroccan conceptions of the person, rites of passage, gender differences, and reproductive practices. It offers insights into the weight of the tions of impurity and purification of the body in the daily life of the contemporary Moroccan population.
- Author BiographyJosep Lluis Mateo Dieste, Ph.D. (2002), European University Institute (Florence), is Professor of Social and Cultural Anthropology at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. He has published numerous books and articles on Morocco, including La hermandad hispano-marroqui (Edicions Bellaterra, 2003).
- Author(s)Josep Lluis Mateo Dieste
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSocial, Economic and Political Studies of the Middle East and Asia
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight724 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.