All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis popular book is written by leading experts in the field and covers all the key aspects of healthcare management. Written with healthcare managers, professionals and students in mind, it provides an accessible and evidence-based guide to healthcare systems, services, organizations and management. Key areas covered include: * Structure and delivery of healthcare services in the international context, including mental health, acute care, primary care, chronic disease and integrated care * Allocating resources for healthcare: setting and managing priorities * Health techlogies, research and invation * Global health policy: governing health systems across borders * Patient and public involvement in healthcare * Healthcare governance and performance This third edition has been significantly rewritten, with 10 new contributors and a new chapter structure designed to better support learning, practical application and further study. In addition, there is a more international focus and each chapter includes new case studies giving global examples of health systems and services, new and updated learning activities to encourage application to your own organization, and a range of links to useful online resources. Healthcare Management is essential research-based reading for students, teachers and healthcare professionals involved in management, research and health policy making.
- Author BiographyKieran Walshe is a professor of health policy and management with over 25 years' experience in health services research. He leads the health management group at Manchester Business School, UK. Judith Smith is a health services researcher and policy analyst with over 20 years' experience, following a prior career in healthcare management. She is Professor of Health Policy and Management and Director of the Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham, UK.
- Author(s)Judith Smith,Kieran Walshe
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight2 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.