All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- Description'There's a growing awareness that for the good of their health, children need to be out and about more, with their friends, exploring the outdoor world in their own way.' - Nicola Butler, Director of the Free Play Network It is widely ackwledged that children today do t get outdoors often eugh and there are serious concerns about children's activity levels and rising associated behavioural, mental and health problems. With such structured and techlogy-driven lives, it is easy for young children to stay indoors, play on computers and t socialise with other children in a healthy and active way. This book t only supports 'playing out' as an integral part of children's natural growth and development, but also provides early years workers with a full programme of outdoor physical activities to promote physical, social and behavioural skills. This book is a guidebook to setting up an outdoor physical activity programme in any early years setting. The book focuses on how getting outdoors and taking part in physical activities will provide children with positive fun experiences to enhance their general learning and development. The programme can be adapted to suit any timescale - from a whole term to one or two days. Key features include showing practitioners: * how to make the most of their outdoor area for all children * step by step explanations to the outdoor activities * how to engage participants (including parents) * how to set up and plan activities * ideas for group and individual assessment * how to carry out risk assessments * how an outdoors programme can change children's lives for the better.
- Author BiographyDr Janice Filer currently works as both an LEA officer for a creche unit for vulnerable families (funded by the Children's Fund) and as a Behaviour Support Teacher. She is qualified as a secondary PE teacher, a nursery teacher, a SENCO, and has a PhD in Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences. She has written three books for teachers working with young children on the themes of Outdoor Play, Dance and Movement and a book about Autumn activities, published by Scholastic.
- Author(s)Janice Filer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 46 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight514 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.