All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe global statistics around coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke are truly alarming. The rates of high blood pressure and cholesterol, both major risk factors of the above conditions, are also extraordinary. The tragedy is that the rates are rising worldwide, despite how easy it can be in many circumstances to reduce risk. This book looks at what high cholesterol and high blood pressure are and why they can be so dangerous, and, in particular, why atherosclerosis, or plaque build-up in the arteries, is the most significant consequence of these conditions and causal factor of heart attack, stroke and coronary heart disease. Risk factors associated with high blood pressure and cholesterol and treatments, including n pharmacological intervention, are also explored. Finally, the book looks at the ways we can reduce or reverse our risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and, ultimately, our risk of heart attack, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Author BiographyCatherine Butterfield was an award-winning print journalist before taking a career detour into health public relations. Working at some of Australia's largest hospitals alongside world-leading medical specialists, Catherine developed a keen interest in all things health-related. When she left the hospital setting to start a family, Catherine resumed writing and established a successful freelance writing business, Write Away Media. She has regularly contributed to Australian daily newspapers' custom publications, including The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald, magazines including the Royal Botanic Gardens publication Floreo, and has a number of commercial publications to her name. Low Cholesterol Low Blood Pressure is Catherine's first book with Wilkinson Publishing.
- Author(s)Catherine Butterfield
- PublisherWilkinson Publishing
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWilkinson Publishing
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Weight362 g
- Width180 mm
- Height235 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.