All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionHearing Places: Sound, Place, Time, Culture How do we hear and respond to place? 37 international artists and scholars have responded to this question from their unique perspectives, interrogating place as acoustic space where sound, place, time and culture collide. This book transcends the boundaries of geography, time and discipline through its imaginative and scholarly writings and CD, provoking us all to pay attention to how we hear place.
- Author BiographyDr Ros Bandt, International sound artist, author and senior research fellow in sound culture at the Australian Centre, The University of Melbourne where she directs the Australian Sound Design Website and online gallery, dedicated to audible research and heritage of innovative sound designs in public space. Dr Michelle Duffy, Cultural geographer based at the Australian Centre, The University of Melbourne, whose research interests include the significance of music and performance to ideas of place, belonging and alienation. Dr Dolly MacKinnon, Research Fellow, Historical Studies, The University of Melbourne. Author of Revealing the Early Modern Landscape of England:Earls Colne, Essex (Ashgate forthcoming), and co-editor of 'Madness' in Australia (2003) with Catharine Coleborne.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication21/12/2007
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byDolly MacKinnon,Michelle Duffy,Ros Bandt
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.