Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a past president of the American Heart Association, Heart Disease is a comprehensive account of the leading cause of death in the West. Sequential chapters describe the structure and function of the heart, the various disease states, and the treatments for each major disease. In addition, the book examines the vast array of diagstic tests and the most advanced treatments available, from basic drugs for prevention such as aspirin to transplants and artificial hearts. Dr. de Silva, who teaches at Harvard Medical School, also covers historical aspects of heart disease, discoveries about the structure and function of the heart, and the ways in which heart disease can be diagsed and treated. Underlying conditions that affect the heart are described and linked to the treatments and devices used to correct disease conditions.
- Author BiographyRegis A. de Silva, MD, is associate clinical professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA, and director of global programs at Partners Harvard Medical International. He was previously president of the American Heart Association in Boston and he is the author of over 100 publications on medical topics. Born in British Malaya, he graduated as a physician from the University of Malaya and had his postgraduate training at Yale- and Harvard-affiliated hospitals. Additionally, he has a master's in public administration from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. His entire medical career following training has been at Harvard-affiliated institutions in Boston. He lives in Cambridge, MA.
- Author(s)Regis A. de Silva
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleBiographies of Disease
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.