Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn Heart & Soul, Shook takes readers on heartwarming journeys through some of America's most successful companies: *Mary Kay (Dallas), whose primary focus has always been to be a vehicle for women's success and independence in a world that often supports neither; the company w has more than 2 million women working toward their dreams in 37 countries *DaVita (Los Angeles/Denver), dedicated to becoming the world's best dialysis company. America's number-one provider of dialysis treatment, DaVita treats its patients and employees like family members. *InRETURN (Cincinnati), a company that intentionally employs those with brain injuries and other neurological challenges *World Wide Techlogy (St.Louis), the largest African-American-owned business in the nation, which thrives on biblical principles of fairness and caring *Starkey Laboratories (St.Paul/Minneapolis), whose employees travel to remote places to provide more than 50,000 hearing aids to the poor To the employees of these companies, success is measured by the good they accomplish in the world. However, profiting and caring aren't mutually exclusive-these companies demonstrate how any company of any size can do both.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Shook has been working full-time as an author since 1978. He has more than 50 published books to his credit, including four New York Times bestsellers. He is co-founder and past chairman of the board of Shook Associates Corporation, American Executive Corporation and American Executive Life Insurance Company. He has appeared on more than 600 radio and TV shows and outlets, including CNN and the Today show.
- Author(s)Robert L. Shook
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication23/09/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.