All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book includes an introduction by Dr Stephen L Klineberg, Rice University Sociology Professor and Co-Director of the Kinder Institute for Urban Research about the ways Houston exemplifies this philosophy. Twenty essays come from every sector: business, commerce, education, medicine-and many more. They include religious leaders like Rabbi Samuel Karff, Rabbi Emeritus of Congregation Beth Israel and faculty member at The McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics at the University of Texas Medical School; civic and literacy champions like former first lady Andrea White; and other Houstonians whose impact emanates from their service to others. Leading by example, they have helped Houston preserve a strong sense of community, philanthropy and positive energy as it has grown from a small Southern town to a thriving, international metropolis. They exemplify the idea that the world is t about I or you but the togetherness of we.
- Author BiographyLaurence Larry Payne has more than thirty years of experience in public service, education, and not-for-profit leadership. He has served as president and CEO of Houston Habitat for Humanity and as chairman of the Education Foundation of Harris County. He has held positions in city, state, and congressional government, including stints as district director for Congressmen Mickey Leland and Chris Bell, deputy city controller under former Houston Controller George Grenias, and director of Houston City Council's agenda under former Houston Mayor Kathy Whitmire. He has received the Knights of St. Peter Claver Justice awarda a national honora for outstanding community service.
- PublisherBright Sky Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBright Sky Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLaurence Payne,Vallie Lynn Watson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.