Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionHeart of Practice is a unique and invaluable insight into the workings of one of theatre's true pioneers, presented by his closest collaborator. This book charts the development of Grotowski's dramatic research through a decade of conversations with his apprentice, Thomas Richards. Tuscany's 'Workcenter of Jerzy Grotowski and Thomas Richards' is the enduring legacy of a master teacher, director and theorist, and home to much of Grotowski's most significant work. Interviewed by leading scholars, and offering his own intimate accounts, Richards gives a vivid and detailed view of the Workcenter's evolution, providing: * concrete illustration of the Workcenter's distinctive creative practices * rigorous discussion of over twenty years of world-rewned research * previously unpublished performance photos * privileged insight into what Grotowski considered to be the culmination of his life's work.
- Author BiographyThomas Richards, a performing artist, earned a degree in Music and Theatre Studies from Yale University as an undergraduate, a Master's Degree in Art, Music and Performance from the University of Bologna, and a Ph.D. from the University of Paris VIII in the discpline of Art, Theatre and Dance Studies. Designated by Grotowski as his essential collaborator and the person to whom he transmitted the inner aspect of his work throughout a thirteen year practical apprenticeship, Richards is today the Artistic Director of the Workcenter, carrying forward a world-renowned performing arts research in which he has conducted a sustained investigation for more then 20 years. He is the author of At Work with Grotowski on Physical Actions, now published in seven languages.
- Author(s)Thomas Richards
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.