All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Heart of the Cariboo-Chilcotin anthology celebrates this beautiful and remote region of British Columbia. From the days of the gold rush through to modern times, the stories in this collection capture the spirit of a place whose beauty and wildness have inspired its people throughout its history. Legendary tales include: a husband's promise to his dying wife that he will t let her body languish in what to her is an alien, inhospitable land how the theft of a nugget pin in Barkerville led to a murderer's capture the ill-conceived plan to use camels on the Cariboo Road First Nations traditions and skills handed down through generations the wild and woolly early years of the Cariboo stampedes a sasquatch-sized bear that inadvertently became a cash cow for one hunting guide These accounts of Cariboo-Chilcotin life are as diverse as they are fascinating: some stalgic, some deeply moving, and some that will tickle the funny bone in a most agreeable way.
- Author BiographyDiane Wilson (Morgan Hill, CA) now works as a professional Sign Language Interpreter for the Deaf.
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Note20 b/w photos
- Weight394 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDiana Wilson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.