All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionTrying to understand what God really says about childhood discipline can be like putting together a puzzle, but the pieces just don't all seem to fit. For two generations conservative Christians have rejected the idea of a permissive hands off discipline and adopted a strict hands on discipline taught by many well-kwn Christian parenting authorities. In <i>Heartfelt Discipline</i>, Clay Clarkson advocates a different biblical model--a relational hands around discipline. If you have young children and are beginning to try to solve the discipline puzzle for your family, start with this book. It is a fresh, formula-free, and fully biblical perspective on childhood discipline that will change the way you think about your children. You'll see how all the biblical pieces fit together and make sense, and put you on the path to your child's heart. From the Back Cover: <b>Childhood discipline is your responsibility.</b> As a Christian parent, you kw your children need you to bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. The Bible is clear about <i>what</i> you should do. But what about <i>how</i> you should do it? The way you answer will shape how your children remember your parenting and family. <i>Heartfelt Discipline</i> contends there is divine how to formula for childhood discipline. Rather, there is a way. It's the way of life, the path we walk with God. It's about faith, grace, freedom, and heart, expressed in three principles of discipline as you walk the path with your children: <b>Direction: </b> Guiding and showing them how to walk on the path with God <b>Correction</b> Getting them back on the path when sin leads them off of it <b>Protection: </b> Guarding them from temptations that could draw them away In <i>Heartfelt Discipline</i> Clay Clarkson helps you understand what the Bible really says about childhood discipline. Drawing on thirty years of parenting and his personal study of the Bible, Clay fully fleshes out God's way of path of life parenting. It will change how you think about childhood discipline, and put you on the path of life to your child's heart.
- Author BiographyClay Clarkson is the father of four wholehearted children, all grown and following God on their own paths of life. He and Sally started Whole Heart Ministries in 1994 to help Christian parents raise their children for Christ. He directs the ministry, writes online, and is the author of Educating the WholeHearted Child and Our 24 Family Ways. Clay earned an MDiv from Denver Seminary, but still studies in the graduate school of parenting.
- Author(s)Clay Clarkson
- PublisherWhole Heart Ministries
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhole Heart Ministries
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.