All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- Description<i>Hearts, Heads, and Hands</i> is the manifestation of a training method that missiologist, professor, and missions agency president, <b>Dr. David Sills</b>, has developed on the basis of decades of missions experience around the world. Tried, tested, and proven, <i>Heads, Hearts, and Hands </i>will equip those training pastors with the foundational information they must communicate to those God is calling to serve Him. The content is built around the method Dr. Sills developed to equip pastors with a a spiritual foundation (their heart ), a biblical foundation (their head ), and a methodological foundation (their hands ), ensuring that they kw how to rightly divide and teach God's Word, understand the need to model the spiritual characteristics of a pastor, and have the practical tools necessary to lead and administer a local church.
- Author Biography<b>M. David Sills</b> (DMiss, PhD; Reformed Theological Seminary) is A. P. and Faye Stone Professor of Christian Missions and Cultural Anthropology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he also serves as director of global strategic initiatives and intercultural programs. He is the founder and president of Reaching & Teaching International Ministries, which serves people around the world through evangelism, discipleship, pastoral preparation, leadership training and theological education. Sills previously served long-term as a missionary in Ecuador. While with the International Mission Board, he served as a church planter and general evangelist among the Highland Quichua people in the Andes and as a seminary professor at the Ecuadorian Baptist Theological Seminary. He also served as rector and professor of the Baptist seminary as a missionary with Global Outreach International. He has planted and pastored churches in both the United States and Ecuador. Sills has written several books and articles in both English and Spanish, including <i>The Missionary Call: Find Your Place in God's Plan for the World</i>, which has been translated into Spanish, Korean and Indonesian, <i>Reaching and Teaching: A Call to Great Commission Obedience</i>, and <i>Reaching and Teaching the Highland Quichuas</i>. His Spanish books include <i>Capacitacion Cultural en la Cultura Quichua</i> and <i>Quichuas de la Sierra</i>. In addition, he has also coauthored or contributed to several books such as <i>Introduction to Global Missions</i> and <i>Introduccion a la Misiologia</i>. A frequent speaker at conferences internationally, Sills has spoken for the Desiring God National Conference, Urbana Missions Conference, To Every Tribe, Master's College and the Cross Conference. He and his wife Mary have been married for over thirty years and have two grown children and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)M David Sills
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight1134 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.