All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge W. Bush's war on terror defended torture as a matter of official policy and furthered an already emergent culture of cruelty. As torture became rmalized in the Bush era, it t only corrupted American ideals and political culture, it also passed over to the dark side in sanctioning the unimaginable and unspeakable: the torture of children. This shocking book documents cases of child torture by American military personnel, many of which have never been reported in the media. Giroux raises serious challenges the Obama administration must address in light of this shameful period in American history if it wants to restore democratic culture. Going further than simply blaming those at the top, Hearts of Darkness also raises questions about the collusion of the media, educators, the criminal justice system and other institutions that have enabled a culture that accepts the torture of children.
- Author BiographyHenry A. Giroux currently holds the Global TV Network Chair Professorship at McMaster University in the English and Cultural Studies Department. His most recent books include The University in Chains: Confronting the Military-Industrial-Academic Complex (2007) and Against the Terror of Neoliberalism (2008).
- Author(s)Henry A. Giroux
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2010
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.