Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuperheroes and steampunk come together in 19th century New York. Sir Dennis Darby has been murdered, the Automaton has been destroyed, and Sarah Stanton has turned her back on a life of privilege and comfort to try and find her way in the unforgiving streets of New York. But Lord Eschaton, the villain behind all these events, isn't finished with her yet. His plans to bring his apocalyptic vision of the future to the world are moving forward, but to complete his scheme he needs the clockwork heart that Sarah still holds. But she has her own plans for the Automaton's clockwork heart--Sarah is trying to rebuild her mechanical friend, and when she is attacked by the Children of Eschaton, the man who comes to her rescue may be the one to make her dreams come true. Emelio Armando is a genius inventor who had hoped to leave his troubles behind when he and his sister left Italy for a life of anymity in the New World. Now he finds himself falling in love with the fallen society girl, but he is rapidly discovering just how powerful the forces of villainy aligned against her are, and that fulfilling her desires means opening the door to a world of danger that could destroy everything he has built. The Society of Steam takes place in a Victorian New York powered by the discovery of Fortified Steam, a substance that allows ordinary men to wield extraordinary abilities and grants powers that can corrupt gentlemen of great moral strength. The secret behind this amazing substance is something that wicked brutes will gladly kill for, and one that Sarah must try and protect, matter what the cost.
- Author BiographyAndrew P. Mayer is the author of The Falling Machine and Hearts of Smoke and Steam, books 1 and 2 of the The Society of Steam trilogy. He is also the author of a short comic story titled Creepy: Om Nom Nom published by Dark Horse Comics that was anthologized in Myspace Dark Horse Presents, vol. 3, and in New Creepy Anthology. He is the chief creative officer for Mob Science games, where he creates social games for Facebook. Previously he worked as a game designer and creative director for Sony Psygnosis, the Cartoon Network, and PlayFirst. Visit him online at www.andrewpmayer.com
- Author(s)Andrew P Mayer
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleSociety of Steam
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight372 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.