All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionHeartways, a collaboration between the Whitney Museum of American Art, Printed Matter, Inc., and Arsenal Pulp Press through its ArsenalAdvance imprint, is a faux romance compilation that deconstructs art, -literature, sex, and desire in one fell swoop. Emulating a -vel, - each chapter is written by a different contributor, all of whom create romantic tableaux that simultaneously work within and outside literary conventions.Heartways is the turgid, winsome tale of Genny O, a youthful incent who is fated to everlasting virginity. Despite all efforts to the contrary, each deflowering is her -first time.- With both drama and humor, we encounter Genny O as she tries to find what she is lacking in the arms of her artist object of desire.Heartways is the brain child of internationally acclaimed artist Rita McBride. Rebellious in conceit and execution, it will take you down the road of love and romance to a place in your heart that you always knew was there. . . .This book is only the first of a planned four-volume series, each book steeped in a particular genre and making use of a collective structure. Forthcoming titles include Crimeways, Futureways and Myways and include more than 50 different contributions by artists, architects, writers, journalists, curators, and critics.Contributors include: John Baldessari, Erin Cosgrove, Douglas Coupland, Fabio, Michele Hierholzer, Rita McBride, Jennifer Nelson, Cate Rimmer, Joe Scanlan, Kimberly Sexton, Kathy Slade and Michael Turner.Rita McBride is a rewned conceptual artist whose work ranges from architectural sculptures to urthodox book projects. She was the recipient of the Rome Prize, the DAAD Berlin, a Guggenheim Fellowship, and was on a team shortlisted for the World Trade Center Site Memorial Competition.
- Author BiographyRita is an artist living and working in Cologne and New York. Her projects vary greatly from unorthodox books to very large sculptures. She is currently planning a sixty-meter tall carbon structure entitled Mae West to be erected in 2006 on the Effnerplatz in Munich.
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleArsenaladvance
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Weight154 g
- Width113 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byErin Cosgrove,Rita McBride
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.