All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the Social, Techlogical, and Ecomic Impact of Heat Pump Drying Heat pump drying is a green techlogy that aligns with current energy, quality, and environmental concerns, and when compared to conventional drying, delivers similar quality at a lower cost. Heat Pump Dryers: Theory, Design and Industrial Applications details the progression of heat pump drying-from pioneering research and demonstration work to an applied techlogy-and establishes principles and theories that can aid in the successful design and application of heat pump dryers. Based on the author's personal experience, this book compares heat pump dryers and conventional dryers in terms of performance, quality, removal rate, energy utilization, and the environmental effect of both drying processes. It includes detailed descriptions and layouts of heat pump dryers, outlines the principles of operation, and explains the equations, diagrams, and procedures used to form the basis for heat pump dryer dimensioning and design. The author also proposes the use of heat pump dryers that operate on natural fluids and considers their potential for providing ecological benefits and easing environmental issues relative to conventional drying. The use of natural fluids in heat pump dryers is consistent with the Kyoto and Montreal Protocols. Highlights includes coverage of: * Single-stage and multi-stage vapor compression heat pumps for drying * A dryer design utilizing single-stage vapor compression heat pumps * Design of a two-stage vapor compression heat pump for drying green peas and aromatic leaves * Psychrometry of humid air and includes the various types of humidification processes * Thermodynamic properties of refrigerants for heat pumps Heat Pump Dryers: Theory, Design and Industrial Applications discusses the ready-to-use techlogy of heat pump drying. The book compares conventional and heat pump drying, addresses the confines and limitations of conventional drying, and proposes viable solutions using this vel process.
- Author BiographyProf. Odilio Alves-Filho earned his master's and PhD degrees in mechanical engineering from the University of California, Davis, and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway, where he is a professor and chair for the advanced PhD course in heat and mass transport in porous media. He is a former dean of the Faculty of Mechanical-Electrical Engineering, head of the Center of Excellence in Dewatering, and CEO of Innovative Drying Tech. He co-authored the Ramalho and Alves-Filho Model, has authored approximately 300 papers, two books and numerous book chapters, and is also the editor of eight academic proceedings.
- Author(s)Odilio Alves-Filho
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 116 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.