All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and well-organized text skillfully blends the theoretical and practical aspects of heat treatment. It discusses, in rich detail, about heat treatment of commercial steels, cast irons and n-ferrous metals and alloys. The book also offers an in-depth analysis of topics such as nature of metals and alloys; principles of heat treatment of steels; heat treatment processes; possible defects, causes and remedies in heat treatment; and inspection and quality control in heat treatment. This second edition of the successful text has gone through considerable modification on the basis of responses received. Additional figures have been added for greater clarity and understanding. Multiple choice questions and other pedagogically arranged questions help students to assess their subject kwledge. Designed primarily as a text for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Metallurgy, the book is also useful for undergraduate students of mechanical, production, and chemical engineering. Besides, it meets the requirements of students of AMIE/AMIIM, and of diploma level courses in metallurgical and mechanical engineering. Furthermore, the book can serve as an invaluable reference for practising engineers.
- Author BiographyAshok Sharma, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|T. V. Rajan, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|C. P. SHARMA is Professor, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur. His areas of interest are Engineering Materials, Heat Treatment and Alloy Development.Dr. Sharma has more than three decades of industrial and teaching experience. He has published many papers in various national and international journals. He has been Founder Director of Asian Institute of Technology, Tonk, Rajasthan.
- Author(s)Ashok Kumar Sharma,C. P. Sharma,T.V. Rajan
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Weight625 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.