All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith complete coverage of the basic principles of heat transfer and a broad range of applications in a flexible format, Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications, by Yunus Cengel and Afshin Ghajar provides the perfect blend of fundamentals and applications. The text provides a highly intuitive and practical understanding of the material by emphasizing the physics and the underlying physical phemena involved. This text covers the standard topics of heat transfer with an emphasis on physics and real-world every day applications, while de-emphasizing mathematical aspects. This approach is designed to take advantage of students' intuition, making the learning process easier and more engaging. McGraw-Hill Education's Connect, is also available as an optional, add on item. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect allows the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a multi-step solution which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
- Author BiographyYunus A. Cengel is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Istanbul Technical University and his M.S. and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University. His areas of interest are renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy policies, heat transfer enhancement, and engineering education. He served as the Director of the Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) at the University of Nevada, Reno, from 1996 to 2000. He has led teams of engineering students to numerous manufacturing facilities in Northern Nevada and California to perform industrial assessments, and has prepared energy conservation, waste minimization, and productivity enhancement reports for them. He has also served as an advisor for various government organizations and corporations. Dr. Cengel is also the author or coauthor of the widely adopted textbooks Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences, Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications, and Introduction to Thermodynamics, all published by McGraw-Hill Education. Some of his textbooks have been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian, Greek, and French. Dr. Cengel is the recipient of several outstanding teacher awards, and he has received the ASEE Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award for excellence in authorship in 1992 and again in 2000. Dr. Cengel is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada, and is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). Afshin J. Ghajar is Regents Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA and a Honorary Professor of Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, China. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. all in Mechanical Engineering from Oklahoma State University. His expertise is in experimental and computational heat transfer and fluid mechanics. Dr. Ghajar has made significant contributions to the field of thermal sciences through his experimental, empirical, and numerical works in heat transfer and stratification in sensible heat storage systems, heat transfer to non-Newtonian fluids, heat transfer in the transition region, and non-boiling heat transfer in two-phase flow. His current research is in two-phase flow heat transfer, thermal management of mini and micro systems, and mixed convective heat transfer and pressure drop in the transition region. Dr. Ghajar has been a Summer Research Fellow at Wright Patterson AFB (Dayton, Ohio) and Dow Chemical Company (Freeport, Texas). He and his co-workers have published over 150 reviewed research papers. He has delivered numerous keynote and invited lectures at major technical conferences and institutions. He has received several outstanding teaching, research, advising, and service awards from College of Engineering at Oklahoma State University. Dr. Ghajar is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Heat Transfer Series Editor for CRC Press/Taylor & Francis and Editor-in-Chief of Heat Transfer Engineering, an international journal aimed at practicing engineers and specialists in heat transfer published by Taylor and Francis.
- Author(s)Afshin J. Ghajar,Yunus A. Cengel
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1895 g
- Width208 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.