Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph is devoted to the lexico-semantic field representing the conceptual category of the MISBELIEVER as defined by Christians in medieval England. The approach to this complex field combines structural as well as historio-pragmatic tools to shed light on the question in which ways the lexico-semantic inventory was expanded and differentiated over the period from ca. 700 to 1600 AD under the impact of contact scenarios with heterogeus n-Christian groups. As two representative out-groups of perceived misbelievers, the Scandinavian Vikings and the Saracens have been chosen to undergo a particular contrastive diachronic investigation. The corpus composed for the comprehensive etymological analyses of relevant vocabulary does t only cover Old and Middle English materials, but additionally takes into account medieval Latin and Old/Middle French attestations as influencing factors on the conceptual field of the MISBELIEVER and its lexical representations.
- Author(s)Monika Kirner-Ludwig
- PublisherUniversitatsverlag Winter
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleBritannica Et Americana. 3. Folge
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUniversitatsverlag Winter
- Weight508 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.