All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLondon's Heathrow Airport has seen dramatic changes since it opened in 1946, from canvas tents as terminal buildings serving converted military piston-engined airliners to the latest Airbus and Boeing jet airliners operating from five modern, sophisticated terminals. As air travel became more affordable, Heathrow expanded to accommodate the increase in airline traffic. This pictorial timeline records these changes in air transport and infrastructure to capture the interest of the aviation enthusiast, the Heathrow visitor or just someone who is fascinated by stalgia in an ever-changing world.
- Author BiographyAdrian Balch is a long-standing aviation photographer, journalist, and author, contributing articles and photographs since the mid-1960s. He is passionate about quality aviation photography and has amassed a huge archive of color slides. He has published ten aviation books. Adrian served in the Royal Air Force in Air Traffic Control during 1971-93 and travelled extensively, never without his cameras, gathering material for his archive library.
- Author(s)Adrian Balch
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note250
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.