All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionWater based heating systems are efficient, flexible, versatile and offer many advantages over other heating systems. These advantages (fast response, good controllability, efficient zonal heating and largely silent operation) all require that initial design, installation, commissioning and maintenance be carried out to a high standard by competent engineers. Heating Services in Buildings provides the reader with a detailed and thorough understanding of the principles and elements of heating buildings using modern water based heating systems. A key theme of the book is that there is little difference, in the approach to the design and engineering, between domestic and commercial installations. The author s detailed but highly practical approach to the subject ensures there is sufficient information for students from both a craft background and those with more academic backgrounds to understand the material. This approach is complemented by straightforward, easy-to-use diagrams. Heating Services in Buildings supports a range of educational courses, including degree level building services engineering; NVQ Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering; City & Guilds supplementary heating course and the Heating Design and Installation Course accredited by the European Registration Scheme (ERS).
- Author BiographyDavid E. Watkins IEng, FCIPHE, FSoPHE, MASHRAE, AffCIBSE, MIfL RP, is a highly experienced public health engineer with extensive knowledge of both UK and overseas public health and mechanical pipework services engineering. He has worked on numerous projects in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and the Americas, including a period of secondment to BAA s design team for Heathrow Terminal 5. David is currently working as an independent consulting engineer and lectures on engineering services at various colleges and institutions.
- Author(s)David E. Watkins
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1466 g
- Width192 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.