All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe work presented in this thesis spans a wide range of experimental particle physics subjects, starting from level-1 trigger electronics to the final results of the search for Higgs boson decay and to tau lepton pairs. The thesis describes an invative reconstruction algorithm for tau decays and details how it was instrumental in providing a measurement of Z decay to tau lepton pairs. The reliability of the analysis is fully established by this measurement before the Higgs boson decay to tau lepton pairs is considered. The work described here continues to serve as a model for analysing CMS Higgs to tau leptons measurements.
- Author BiographyMichail Bachtis completed his undergraduate studies at the School of Applied Mathematics and Physics of the National Technical University of Athens, participating in the ATLAS experiment at CERN. He was then admitted for a PhD at the University of Wisconsin - Madison working on CMS. Upon graduation he was accepted as a COFUND fellow at CERN, continuing to work on the CMS experiment.
- Author(s)Michail Bachtis
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations
- Weight421 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.