All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFor many Jewish Christians of the first century, living in the light of the gospel was challenging. On accepting Jesus as the long-awaited Messiah, they were regarded by still-sceptical family, friends and neighbours as dangerous, misguided and even disloyal to Jewish culture and all that God had said before. The letter to the Hebrews was written to show that believers shouldn't look back when God is pointing them forwards. The early Church was encouraged to press on eagerly in faith, trusting and hoping unflaggingly for the fulfilment of God's promises. Tom Wright has completed a tremendous task: to provide comprehensive guides to all the books of the New Testament, and to furnish them with his own fresh translation of the entire text. Each short passage is followed by a highly readable commentary with helpful background information. The format makes it appropriate also for daily study.
- Author BiographyTom Wright is Research Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of St Andrews. He is the author of over seventy books, including 'For Everyone' guides to the New Testament, the highly acclaimed series, 'Christian Origins and the Question of God', and the best-selling Simply Christian, Surprised by Hope, Virtue Reborn, Simply Jesus, How God Became King and Creation, Power and Truth.
- Author(s)Tom Wright
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.