All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionHebron Jews explores the history of the Jews of Hebron, the oldest and w most vilified and controversial Jewish community in the world. Spanning three thousand years, from the biblical narrative of Abraham's purchase of a burial cave for Sarah to the violent present, it offers a controversial analysis of a community located at the crossroads of the Israeli-Palestinian struggle over national boundaries and the internal Israeli struggle over the meaning Jewish statehood.
- Author BiographyJerold S. Auerbach is professor of history at Wellesley College. His books include Explorers in Eden: Pueblo Indians and the Promised Land, Are We One? Jewish Identity in the United States and Israel, Jacob's Voices, Rabbis and Lawyers, Justice Without Law? and Unequal Justice. His articles and reviews have appeared in numerous journals, including The New Republic, The Nation, Harper's, and The New York Times.
- Author(s)Jerold S. Auerbach
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.