All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a completely new edition of the only scholarly work on the poetry of popular and mass culture among a people who are rewned for their passion for poetry. Johnson traces the heello movement from its origins as a youth culture which in its early days was concerned with themes of love and pleasure. It later became the medium for freedom songs in the preindependence period, for the expression of modern political ideas, political protest, rallying songs and social comment, many examples of which are cited in this volume. Heello became the most dynamic form of Somali poetry in this century. This edition uses modern Somali script.
- Author BiographyJohn William Johnson is Associate Professor of Folklore and African Studies at Indiana University. He is author or co-author of six previous books and numerous articles on Somali and Mande linguistics and folklore.
- Author(s)John William Johnson
- PublisherHAAN Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/1996
- LanguageEnglish & Somali
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHAAN Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight378 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.