All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the Enlightenment brought about an unprecedented growth in freedom, it also gave rise to a set of dichotomies that Hegel's philosophy helps to overcome. In this book, Timothy C. Luther examines Hegel's contribution to polical philosophy and his attempt to resolve tensions in political philosophy and democracy_particularly, his reconciliation of individual liberty and community. Hegel's dialectic preserves what he sees as valuable in liberalism while reformulating it in a way that is more sensitive to community and historical context.
- Author BiographyTimothy C. Luther is professor of political science at California Baptist University and author of Lobbyists, Congress, and Gridlock: Private Money v. Public Interest, Hegel and Marx: Economics and Politics, and The Political Philosophy of Democracy: Its Origins, Promises, and Perils.
- Author(s)Timothy C. Luther
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication07/08/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.