Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis exploration of Hegel's critique of the individualistic ethos of modernity and the genesis of his alternative vision traces the conceptual schemes Hegel experimented with to show how he settled on the concepts of 'ethical life' (Sittlichkeit) and Spirit as the means for overcoming subjectivity and domination.
- Author BiographyPini Ifergan teaches philosophy at Bar-Ilan University, Israel. Author of The Tragedy in Ethical Life: Hegel's Philosophy and the Spirit of Modernity (2010), he has also edited, annotated, and written interpretive introductions for Hebrew translations of several philosophical classics, including Hegel's Philosophy of Right (2011) and Spirit of Christianity and Its Fate (2005); and Kant's Conflict of the Faculties (2007). He is currently working on a book about the philosophy of Hans Blumenberg.
- Author(s)Pini Ifergan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- Series TitleRenewing Philosophy
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.