All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaring, audacious and mind-blowing - or terrifying, brutal and horrific. Scotland has been home to some of Britain's most high profile robberies and Heist lifts the lid on some of those torious raids, reopening the files on both solved and unsolved cases. By retracing the steps of the robbers and through interviews with experts and those who had their lives hit by the incidents, the book puts a new slant on some jaw-dropping crimes. From one of the highest profile art thefts of the modern era to an SAS style aerial assault on a bank, Heist tracks raids on everything from stately homes to industrial units as a scourge of modern society is highlighted. Heist reveals the lasting repercussions of one of the country's most high profile thefts, when one of Britain's richest aristocrats suffered the theft of a GBP5million Leonardo da Vinci painting from his family's Scottish castle. This book also details the Stone of Destiny's theft by Scottish Nationalists from Westminster Abbey. And Heist sheds light on the fantastic fifties, the swinging sixties and psychedelic seventies which proved a headache for police, as criminals cottoned on to the rich pickings to be had at Scotland's banks.
- Author BiographyPaul Smith trained as a reporter with DC Thomson, serving on The Courier, Evening Telegraph and Sunday Post. He went on to work in the weekly press and served as a local newspaper editor for more than three years before returning to the regional sector. After more than 16 years in newspapers, working in news and sport, he moved into the PR industry in 2012. As an author, he has penned more than 10 sports titles as well as ghost-writing several autobiographies.
- Author(s)Paul Smith
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/01/2017
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.