All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to really live? Or t? Set in eastern, upstate New York, Helen Keller Really Lived features a fortyish former barfly and grifter who must make a living in the wake of her wealthy husband's death, and who finds work in a clinic helping women seeking reproductive assistance. The other main character is the grifter's dead ex-husband, a Ukrainian hooker-to-healer success story, who prior to his demise was a gynecologist and after, an amateur folklorist, or ghostlorist, who collected and provided scholarly commentary on the stories of his fellow revenants. Their intertwined stories explore the mistakes, miscarriages, inadequacies, and defeats that may have led to their divorce, including his failure (according to her) to fully live. As it investigates the theme of what it means to really live or t, Elisabeth Sheffield's brilliant new vel is also an exploration of virtual reality in the sense of the experience provided by literature. It is a vel awash in a multitude of voices, from the obscenity-laced, Nabokovian soliloquys of the dead Ukrainian doctor, to the trade-school / midcentury-romance-vel-constrained style of his dead mother-in-law.
- Author BiographyElisabeth Sheffield is the author of the novels Gone and Fort Da. She teaches in the creative writing program at the University of Colorado, Boulder, USA.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Sheffield
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFiction Collective Two
- Place of PublicationNormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFiction Collective Two
- Weight581 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.