All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Eclectic collection of disaster at sea stories - brilliantly written - gripping and entertaining' Lindsay Eaton, goodreads.com 'ROB MUNDLE IS A MASTER OF THE MARITIME NARRATIVE' Sunday Age This bestselling maritime classic chronicles some of the most remarkable stories of survival and daring that the world's oceans have hosted over the past half century. There are the bizarre, unbelievable accounts of people who went missing and were given up for dead, like the five Mexican fishermen who went to sea for a three-day shark-fishing trip and then vanished, only for three of them to miraculously reappear, apparition-like, nine months later. And there are the incredible survival stories, such as Maurice and Maralyn Bailey, who spent 117 days adrift in a rubber dinghy in the Pacific after their yacht was sunk by a whale, and the extraordinary tales of people risking everything to break world records - such as Kay Cottee, the first woman to sail n-stop and unassisted around the world, and Ken Warby, the fastest man on water. Hell on High Seas is awash with amazing feats of daring - some verging on madness, others where death is eluded through sheer courage, determination and invation ...or even divine intervention?
- Author BiographyRob Mundle OAM is a bestselling author, journalist and competitive sailor whose family heritage is with the sea, dating back to his great-great-grandfather, who was the master of square-riggers. Rob has spent a lifetime combining his passions for sailing and writing. He has written thirteen books - including the international bestseller FATAL STORM - reported on more than 40 Sydney-to-Hobart yacht races (and competed in three), and covered seven America's Cups, four Olympics and numerous international events. He is the winner of many sailing championships and has been a competitor in local and international contests.
- Author(s)Rob Mundle
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight328 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.