All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionChrissie and Anthony Foster were like any other young family, raising their three daughters in suburban Melbourne with what they hoped were the right values. Chrissie could t have kwn that the stranger-danger she feared actually lurked in the presbytery attached to the girls' Catholic primary school. Father Kevin O'Donnell, a long-term paedophile, lived and worked there. Two of their young daughters became victims of O'Donnell. And once the truth was revealed, the Fosters began a battle to find out how this could have happened. The Church offered silence, lies, denials and threats. Meanwhile, their daughters tried to piece together their fractured lives. This is the chilling true story that made national and international headlines. Chrissie Foster's heartbreaking account of her family's suffering, and their determination to stand up for themselves against the might of the Catholic Church, is testament to the strength of a mother's love, and the resilience of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyChrissie Foster was born in Victoria and grew up in Black Rock, a beachside suburb on Port Phillip Bay. She worked as a public servant for nine years, during which time she travelled extensively around Europe, the US and Mexico. She married in 1980 and by 1985 Anthony and Chrissie had three beautiful daughters, Emma, Katie and Aimee. Paul Kennedy is an ABC television presenter, senior print journalist, and director of an award-winning short film. He is married with two sons and lives in Melbourne.
- Author(s)Chrissie Foster,Paul Kennedy
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication03/10/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNorth Sydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- Content NoteIllustrations, col. ports.
- Weight285 g
- Width134 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- scarlet-one05 May, 2017by
Great read - very good price
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- epapose18 Oct, 2011by
A must read book, for parents with kids especially
I knew this family, and knew the hardships they faced. Reading the book made it more real. What they faced was really hard, and was very challanging. I know they dont want any sympathy, but what that family did with the Catholic Church is really brave. Reading the book is a must!