Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe dramatic and tormented life of Jerry Lee Lewis is the most fabled in rock 'n' roll history. Hellfire is a wild, riveting, and beautifully written biography that received universal acclaim on its original publication and is w an American classic. Born in Louisiana to a family legacy of great courage and greater madness, Jerry Lee was torn throughout his life between a harsh Pentecostal God and the Devil of alcohol, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. At twenty-one he recorded 'Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On', which propelled him to stardom. Almost immediately, news of his marriage to his thirteen-year-old cousin all but destroyed his career. Over the next twenty years, Jerry Lee, ever indomitable and ever wild, would rise again as a country star, and then lose it all again to his own inner demons. Hellfire is a brilliant, audacious journey into the soul of a rock 'n' roll legend, and into the soul of rock 'n' roll itself.
- Author BiographyNick Tosches was born in Newark, New Jersey. He is the author of the novels Cut Numbers, Trinities, and In the Hand of Dante. His non-fiction books include the iconic biographies of Dean Martin and Sonny Liston, Dino and Night Train, and most recently King of the Jews, also published by Penguin.
- Author(s)Nick Tosches
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitlePenguin Magnum Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Noteports.
- Weight145 g
- Width1 mm
- Height1 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.