All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION App Inventor is a free, user-friendly tool that makes it a snap to create Android apps using Android devices such as phones and tablets- programming experience needed. Users decide what they want their app to do and then click together the colorful jigsaw-puzzle blocks that make it happen. After the project is finished and tested, App Inventor turns it into a real Android app that can be run on phones, shared with friends, or even sold in the Google Play store. Hello App Inventor! Android programming for kids and the rest of us introduces creative young and t so young readers to the world of mobile programming- experience required! Featuring more than 30 fun invent-it-yourself projects, this book starts with the building blocks needed to create a few practice apps. Then, it teaches the skills needed to bring app ideas to life. Throughout the book, a special Learning Points feature makes sure readers understand important programming concepts used in any programming language. RETAIL SELLING POINTS A quick and easy guide to making Android apps Create cool apps to share and to sell Use free online user-friendly App Inventor tool AUDIENCE This book is written especially for kids, but it's perfect for educators or anyone who wants to learn a fast, comfortable way to write Android apps. App Inventor is totally graphical; apps can be built without learning a complicated programming language. ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY Android devices such as phones and tablets can be programmed using App Inventor, which lets users design and program an app using their web browser and a free downloadable Java program. Apps can be tested live on an android phone/tablet or on-screen in an android emulator and then packaged up and downloaded to the phone or tablet.
- Author BiographyAUTHOR BIO Paula Beer and Carl Simmons are professional educators who spend most of their time training new teachers and introducing children to programming. Paula is the author of The Process of Technology Learning and Applying Theory to Educational Research. Carl co-authored Textbook about teaching computers to high school children.
- Author(s)Carl Simmons,Paula Beer
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight742 g
- Width189 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.