All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHellâ²s Bells and Mademoiselles is the rollicking eyewitness account of the role of 18th Battalion AIF in the First World War by one of its most decorated soldiers, the irrepressible Joe Maxwell. Maxwell served at Gallipoli before being transferred to the Western Front. In just twelve months during 1917-1918 he was commissioned and awarded the DCM, Military Cross and Bar, and VC. This colourful memoir is a unique record of life as a World War One digger: Joe was in most of the major battles of the Western Front and graphically describes the action he saw, as well as the notorious larrikinism -and romantic adventures-of the off-duty diggers. With a new Afterword detailing Maxwellâ²s life after repatriation back to Australia, this is an edition to be treasured.
- Author(s)Joe Maxwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight320 g
- Width143 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.