All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionMerriam Press Military Mograph MM84. Second Edition (August 2012). Scotty and Annette Marsh were childhood sweethearts but it would take many years, and living halfway around the world, before Scotty convinced Annette to marry him. Scotty was a banker with National City Bank of New York, assigned to the Far Eastern District. He wound up in Manila, Philippine Islands. They were married March 13, 1939. They had two daughters, born in 1940 and 1941. Life was good; it was a happy comfortable one-until December 8, 1941, when this story begins. They kept a diary and both Annette and Scotty made entries in the diary. Help is on the way was often spoken by them, and so it seemed to be an appropriate title for their story. The Japanese arrived in Manila on January 2, 1942. Later, the Marshs along with many other foreign civilians were interned in the Santo Tomas University, w a prison camp, for the next three years. This is the story of their ordeal. 8 photos.
- Author(s)Ann Marsh Hillegas
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.