All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionJoplin. Aurora. New York/New Jersey. Newtown. Whether the disaster is natural or created by humans, churches respond by providing sanctuary, hope, and practical aid. Pulled from accounts of lay persons and pastors in disasters, Help and Hope provides practical applications for nprofessionals and volunteers from faith communities who want to help prepare for and respond to disasters. This book is designed with utility in mind, with key websites, useful lists of contact information, and space for your own tes. Help and Hope prepares you to be, literally, the shelter from the storm.
- Author BiographyThe Rev. Amy Gopp responds to her calling to the work of Christ by serving as a global activist and peacemaker-one who through dynamic preaching and creative teaching urges God's people to engage in compassionate service that imbues hope and empowerment for all. An ordained minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Amy was Executive Director for Week of Compassion, the relief, refugee, and development ministry fund of the Disciples church. She currently serves as the director of member relations and pastoral care for Church World Service Global. Brandon Gilvin currently serves as the associate director for Week of Compassion, the relief, refugee, and development ministry fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). He is the author of Solving the DaVinci Code Mystery and co-wrote Wisdom from the Five People You Meet in Heaven with Rev. Heather Godsey. He has worked in congregational ministry and with ecumenical organizations based in Nairobi, Kenya and Toronto, Canada.
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byBrandon Gilvin,REV Amy Gopp
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.