All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionFor many students of all ages, school is t the encouraging and meaningful experience that it ought to be. For teachers, pressures can sometimes become ermous. In a healthy, meaningful, and enriching education, teachers and students treasure, celebrate, and nurture themselves and each other. Helping Kids Hope describes one teacher's efforts to learn and to teach in this way. Divided into seven thematic sections, this book offers glimpses of the emotional and intellectual lives of individual teachers and their students-children, teens, and adults. It recreates the issues with which they struggle, so that academic learning can be seen in context. Author Nancy E. Gill invites readers to listen to all the voices and to learn from them as well as she focuses on the need for meaning and how it can shape both teaching and learning for a lifetime.
- Author BiographyDuring over 30 years of college and university teaching, Nancy E. Gill was determined to reach students many teachers and professors considered unreachable. Thus, she spent 24 years adopting groups of younger students who, like her college students, found traditional schooling lonely, painful, discouraging, and boring. In the process, she invented ways to help students at all levels feel more hopeful and confident-in their minds and also in their lives.
- Author(s)Nancy E. Gill
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/07/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight286 g
- Width149 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.