All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an invative model for strengthening and developing executive function in any student, including those with attention, memory, organization, planning, inhibition, initiative, and flexibility difficulties. It provides guidance on how to support each student's evolving executive function, and how to encourage those who are ready to develop self-advocacy and become more responsible for the development of his or her own executive function skills. The author advocates a student-centred approach in which educators first explore eight key 'ingredients' with the student: relationships; strengths and weaknesses; self-advocacy and responsibility; review and preview; motivation and incentive; synthesis and analysis; rhythm and routine; and practice and repetition. She provides step-by-step explanations of how the educator and student can then explore and use these 'ingredients' in different ways and in different combinations to successfully address particular areas of difficulty. The approach is clearly explained, and the author provides many useful examples, tried-and-tested practical tips and strategies; suggested conversation starters; sample time management plans; and other tools that can be adapted to meet the particular needs and abilities of each individual student. Original and effective, the approach outlined in this book will be of interest to teachers and other professionals involved in supporting executive function in students of all ages, as well as parents and carers.
- Author BiographyPaula Moraine, M.Ed. has been a teacher and tutor for elementary grades, high school and college students, as well as a mentor, coach and adult educator in teacher training programs in the US, Germany and Scotland. She has lectured widely and led interactive workshops on child development, education and parenting. She is currently Director of the Community Outreach Center for Literacy and Tutoring Program at The Highlands School in Bel Air, Maryland, where she developed the program that forms the basis of this book by working with students of all ages, helping them to take control of their everyday executive functions.
- Author(s)Paula Moraine
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.