All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1995, Dutch photographer Hendrik Kerstens has been photographing his daughter, Paula. His photographs have since been collected by museums around the world. Hendrik Kerstens pictures Paula in relation to events in her own life as well as projecting onto her his fascination with the Dutch Master painters of the seventeenth century. Conceptually, Kerstens photographs play with the dialogue between the mediums of painting and photography, with seriality, and time. His Paula Pictures are reminiscent of Vermeers painting. The austerity and clarity of the photographs, coupled with the serenity of the subject and the characteristic dutch light all combine to create striking, beautiful and haunting works of art. However, Kerstens has never been interested in just imitating painting. As the series progressed, he became increasingly interested in the game of creating a conceptual and humorous dialog between past and present.
- Author(s)Hendrik Kerstens,Martin Barnes
- PublisherLudion Editions NV
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- Place of PublicationGhent
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintLudion Editions NV
- Out-of-print date27/08/2016
- Content Note70 colour illustrations
- Weight1120 g
- Width245 mm
- Height300 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.